Learning to love myself and a surprise

2016 meant new year resolutions and getting back into the swing of things. It meant that the most common resolution 'to lose weight' has arrived once again. A fresh start, a second (hundredth) chance to get more comfortable in my skin.


While exercise is something I've yet to love I do love learning about what I can do to make myself love my body more. I enjoy finding new recipes that make me feel full, information about exercise techniques and the do's and don'ts of being a better you.

I've jumped from diet fad to diet fad. Tried every pill under the sun. Joined Weight Watchers, Slimming World and bought tons of exercise DVDs. The one thing that has never failed to help me when it comes to journeying towards becoming more body confident along with my attempted goals are books.

Books are powerful! They provide you with so much information and each time you read you understand just that little bit more. You get so many 'oh' and 'that's cool' moments when you flip through page after page. I know a lot of women and men suffer with body confidence, and I think one of the keys to getting to be more confident it learning about your body. So on that note, I want to offer a copy of The Body Book by Cameron Diaz.

What's the prize?




The Body Book by Cameron Diaz

This book is a great insight what you want from your body and how to achieve it. It's divided into three sections; nutrition, fitness and mind. Three subjects that go hand in hand, that most people diving into the world of fitness don't have a good understanding off. Cameron Diaz explains the breakdown of meals right to the core and how your thoughts play as big of a role as you working your butt of in the gym.

How to enter. a Rafflecopter giveaway

14 comments

  1. That sounds like a great book. I have been thin and I have been curvy and I have been fat and I have felt fat whatever size I have been. Your self esteem is so linked to how you feel about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book, I strongly believe it is how you feel inside rather than how you look on the outside that goes a long way in how good you look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a book, it has taken me a long time to feel comfortable in my own skin, and it definitely does come from within.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sounding book, I haven't heard of it til now. I think it's so important to realise that change needs to be on the inside and the out for them both to work! I bed it's an interesting read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much about this book, sounds fabulous! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fab book! I am still learning to love myself

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to read this book! Everyone should learn to love themselves, our bodies can achieve great things.

    My favourite form of exercise by far is definitely swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am envious of anyone who totally loves themself without finding anything they dislike x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Cameron Diaz is a brilliant and inspirational woman, so I've entered as I'd love to win! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great little book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book looks great. I love Cameron Diaz and think she looks fantastic. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could do with a little bit of self love too... its important to be confident in our own skin no matter how we look

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard a lot of things about this book. It looks a brilliant read. Have entered your competition x

    ReplyDelete